With life’s constraints limiting any chance of ‘spare’ time for most of us, it’s hard to imagine taking 30-minutes to yourself to just sit back and relax. Here at Prestige, we understand that it’s incredibly important to take time to yourself, often away from the everyday chores like cooking and cleaning, and really allowing yourself to take some spare time to spend either relaxing or with the family.
Life is pretty busy when you’re raising a family often leaving little quality time together. During the week can be some of the busiest times; with all intentions of cooking up a delicious meal for your family, once you’ve done the school run, taken the kids to swimming or other activities, the idea of cooking something hearty and healthy seems a distant memory, and all you want to do is put something into the oven and walk away.
There’s a number of techniques designed to help you cut down cooking times, such as batch cooking, buying pre-peeled vegetables and using a pressure cooker. Cooking a meal from scratch can seem impossible in the week, however we’ve recently launched a new range of cookware cleverly designed to help you get some of that precious time back - every single day. Prism features faster heating non-stick coating meaning meals cook quicker and healthier as there is no or little need for oil.
Our research has found that the average family spends as much as 45 minutes on meal preparation. This can be difficult when you’re juggling the school run, work, homework, chores and other activities.
Retaining heat to make cooking faster, our new Prism pans are easy to clean also saving time on the washing up after. View more benefits of the Prism range here. (link to Prism video)
We’ve put together some tasty – and healthy – recipes to try with our Prism pans. Taking just 15 minutes to prepare, they give you half an hour back each day.
The King Prawn Thai Curry recipe makes for a quick, easy and super tasty ‘fakeaway’ on a Friday night (you can easily add chicken instead). Or whip up a Spanish omelette in just 15 minutes before the school run, for healthy lasting energy throughout the morning.
On a warmer evening, you may want to cook a meal which is lighter but still full of delicious flavours and only takes 15 minutes to cook! Our Green pesto pasta recipe hits the spot perfectly! Whilst the Creamy garlic mushrooms recipe provides the perfect starter or accompaniment dish!
With our Prism recipes and pans you will save 30 minutes each day. 30 minutes is a great amount of free time to use for any activity you might not usually think of…
What could you do with 30 minutes’ spare every day?
The benefits gained from spending regular, quality time together are well reported.
Reports suggest that this can lead to stronger bonds, improved performance and behaviour in school and less stress for the whole family.
Here are a few 30-minute quality time suggestions:
1. Board games – whether you’re a Scrabble or Ludo fan, board games can be a welcome relief from screens.
2. Cuddle on the sofa – this simple act can really help with relaxation bringing families closer.
3. Read to or with the kids – it’s a perfect way to unwind.
4. Enjoy a short walk after dinner – the fresh air and time out of the car and away from household chores will give you time to catch up – you’ll all sleep better too!
5. Take time to eat together – a report published by Working Families found that only 29% of families eat together at least once a day. Spending just 15 minutes cooking frees up time for dinner at a leisurely pace.
6. Spend 30 minutes a day learning a language either using podcasts, an app or good old fashioned books!
7. Write a journal or start a blog! Or use your time to motivate your future plans, for example you could write a bucket list of things you would like to do!
8. Take a nap or practice meditation to calm your mood and allow for a moment to reflect and contemplate.
Cooking doesn’t have to be a chore with the new Prism pans. Try one of our 15 minute recipes here and see what you can do with an extra 30 minutes every day!
Let us know how you would spend your extra 30 minutes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for a chance to win a ‘My Moment’ hamper worth £200 including a Luxury Lindt chocolate box, Espa shower gel and scrub, large Yankee candle plus 3 of the brand-new Prism fry pans!